Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Clemens v. McNamee: Boring? or Boring and Stupid?

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit biased in this whole thing. I hate Clemens; he seems like an egomaniacal prick and a complete asshole (though these seem like qualities I would admire, but he's far more successful than I'll ever be, so I hate him for it). Anyway, The only thing I want to say about the whole thing is that Clemens appears to be pretty fucked.

Clemens has been sort of contradicting himself left and right, and it seems the web of lies is starting to get him tangled, if you'll excuse the stupid turn of phrase.

After both he and McNamee testified, the committee ripped them both apart. McNamee had his credibility bent over and ravaged, but it seems all of his issues stem from not telling the whole truth, in the hopes it would never have gotten this bad. It seems as though he withheld the physical evidence because he probably hoped the Mitchell Report would be released, Clemens would issue a half hearted apology a la Giambi or Pettite, and that would be that.

Clemens on the other hand, seems to have a lot more serious inconsistencies. When it came out that McNamee injected Clemens wife with HGH, Clemens said it was without his knowledge...That she was feeling a circulation problem and "wigged out" and felt uncomfortable going to a doctor. How no one stopped him and said "I'm sorry but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard", I'll never understand.

I tried to imagine the scenario. Deb complaining of a circulation problem, wigging out. Calm, rational Roger suggesting a visit to the doctor. Deb for some reason stating she was uncomfortable seeing a doctor, then going behind her husband's back and seeing his shady trainer for a shot of HGH, to help her circulation problem.

That seriously has to be the most batshit insane thing I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment