Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What.An.A$$hole!

Please keep your eyes on Sean Avery, the asshole in front of the Devils' net waving his arms around like a little kid who doesn't understand the rules of the game.


Pulling shit like that was so unheard of, they had to make up a rule specifically for it.

Now, I hate the Rangers, and really hate Avery - the guy is a notorious douche. He dated Elisha Cuthbert but was somehow too stupid to lock that down. Anyway, just have a look at what some of the other hockey players had to say:

"It's almost an unwritten rule," Montreal rookie goalie Carey Price said. "It's like when you're a kid in the back seat that's going, 'I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you.' When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I would probably try and get in your bubble like that."
"He's an idiot," Penguins forward Gary Roberts said.

"If they have to change the rule because somebody wants to be unsportsmanlike and deface the game of hockey, I'm all for it," Stars goalie Marty Turco said. "Hopefully, guys understand the integrity of the sport.

"That's just something you don't do. It's kind of bush league. Hopefully it's the last we see of it."

Now here's a better look at what wikipedia is referring to as "The Jackass Rule"


I'd also like to point out that I understand there was nothing in the rule books about what he was doing, so technically he wasn't "breaking any rules". But the reason there was nothing in any rule book is because it is so fucking stupid that no one thought there needed to be a written rule about it. I am wondering if it states anywhere in the rule book that NHL players are required to wear skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment